Although the reward for service is always the service itself, joining our team can bring you
- Know that you made a difference.
- Be a positive influence in another person’s life.
- Give back to your community.
- Develop new friendships.
- Have fun!
We are grateful for your help! Sheltering Wings has many volunteer opportunities for individuals or groups who want to help victims of domestic abuse. Your gift of time and talent helps us provide needed services. With your help, the ability to give hope and healing to our community is limitless.
If you have a desire to serve those in need, Sheltering Wings is just the place for you. To get started, please complete the volunteer application. All volunteers go through a two hour training orientation. If you are working directly with the women and children, we require a drug screen and background check. Training sessions are held bi-monthly for training details contact Donita Roberts, 317-386-5062, firstname.lastname@example.org
Specialized training will be provided
Provide transportation for residents to medical and other appointments
- Provide evening childcarewhile women attend support groups
- Volunteer as a shelter assistant
- Help answer phones and doors, assist in donations
Throughout the year, help with bulk mailings, affix labels, sort letters and other mailing tasks
- Special Events
- General Cleaning
- Coordinating fun activities for our children
- Sponsoring an evening out for our ladies
General Maintenance Volunteers
- Lawn Care (mowing and edging)