Volunteer opportunities at Sheltering Wings
- Administration: Office help with answering phones, accepting donations, and filing
- Community Programs: Outreach and special events and booths
- Children’s Program: Lead a children’s activity so that moms can attend support groups or classes, help with mentoring or tutoring a child.
- Become a Children’s Mentor: Influence the life of a child, by guiding them through a curriculum to build life-skills, healthy self image and build positive relationships.
- Women’s Program: Teach a class, transport families to important appointments during the day, provide moving assistance, mentoring or tutoring.
- Miscellaneous: Organize closets, landscaping, pet care or professional services
We also provide service project opportunities for an hour, half day, or full day for your congregation, small group, or family, as well as project ideas for Eagle Scouts.
Because we are committed to our residents’ safety, we are diligent to screen and approve volunteers, especially those who will work directly with our women and children. All volunteers go through an orientation program, a drug screen, and a background check and receive continual training. If you’d like to become a volunteer, please complete our application.